Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The work is calling.

Well it has been quite a ride the past couple of weeks. I started a job, I quit a job. I am no longer babysitting, for the young girl who runs a home daycare. Instead I am watching the little girl (that I have been wanting to watch), fulltime. I also start watching another little boy on Thurs/Friday. It's nice how these things just sorta fell my way..of course I have been asking the universe to send me some way for me to make money and to stay home too. Its perfect and I think it will be fun and a great thing for me and my family. I am excited about these little people and I love children...its a wonder I don't go into teaching. Maybe someday??
Dinner plans are shaping up very nicely and I plan on making this tonight:
Greek Style chicken
1 cup yogurt, plain plain low-fat
1 tablespoon lemon zest finely grated peel of a lemon
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons oregano finely chopped, fresh
2 tablespoons parsley leaves chopped finely, fresh
1 clove garlic peeled and forced through a press
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground or to taste
2lbs chicken pieces or breasts

Directions
1. Combine the yogurt, lemon peel and juice, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.

2. Put the chicken into a dish and spread about 1/4 cup of the yogurt sauce over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a few hours, or longer if possible. Cover and refrigerate the remaining yogurt sauce.

3. Place the chicken on a rack in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven 30 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until the chicken is browned on top and cooked through.

4. Spoon the yogurt sauce over the chicken and serve.

I am serving this with pita wedges and a greek style salad with feta and olives.

I had a nice time with Gene and Zach picking raspberries with my neighbors last night. Now what to do with them? I am thinking about making some cordial, or jam. My neighbors are going to be giving us some raspberry shoots in the fall, since our raspberries died this summer. I hope to have nice big thicket like they do in a couple of years. They are so yummy, and its nice to have some free fruit! I am scheduled to pick them again on thursday since they are tired of picking them. So we will have lots of them.
The weather is fall like today, I am happy to have it too. I am missing the New England fall already, luckily there are lots of trees here so we will get a hint of it. For now the windows and doors are open for the first time in awhile and I love the cool damp breeze.

No comments: