Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yummy muffin Tuesday

Yummmm, what could be a better way than starting this day with a yummy healthy muffin.
Here's my recipe for them:

Banana Chocolate chip muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp ground flax
1/4 cup chocolate chips
optional: 1/2 cup nuts (I used walnuts)

Mix all ingredients stirring until just mixed, over mixing will cause tough muffins.
Fill well greased muffin cups(I used bakers joy spray), about 1/2 way to 3/4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Try not to eat too many warm with butter.
Photobucket

I was invited to be the food coordinator at a big camping event in a few weeks. I have to think about it, but I am quite sure we do want to go for the camping, and Gene wants to go for the meat cutting demonstration. I will have to make us some clothes though because we will be required to wear period garb..ie Medival wear, easy enough I just have to get started right away. So I might actually have some sewing to post about hooray!

I found a picture of the horrid caterpillar on my camera, it has now changed and we are awaiting for it to turn into the moth it is to become.
Photobucket
Its not the best but gives you an idea.

No comments: