Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday

Friday again. I worked on re-hashing a pair of pants and my halloween costume today. I guess my Fridays are freed up now since I am no longer watching the little boy two days a week. Oh well easy come easy go. I hate that Gene does not work on Fridays now. Well for the next month or so anyways.

I have been very patient with Zach, and everytime I think things are going well he does something like insult me, by using a bad word, only because he did not get his way. After a mouth washing and a time out he still refused to apologize to me. He is so strong willed. Something I am sure that will serve him well in his adult life, but it makes me crazy. I have not spanked, but Gene is not totally on board with the either, although he has not spanked him he has threatened too.

The weather here seems more like Florida these past few days. Hot, humid and sticky. I thought it was going to cool down tonight. So I made stew for dinner. Although it was good, it just was not the right weather for it. Speaking of weather we had a tornado warning here this afternoon. We thought the tornado season was over..wtf! I am really wishing we could turn on some AC but Gene says no..WAHHHH
Here is the stew recipe I made today and cooked in the crockpot:

Lamb and veggie stew
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound lamb stew meat, cubed
3 cups beef broth
1 T white wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1 bay leaf
1 cup peeled, sliced carrots
2 cups peeled, chopped sweet potatoes
2 cups sliced celery
1 cup chopped yellow squash
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
all-purpose flour for coating meat

Salt and pepper meat. Coat with flour and brown in oil. Place in crockpot with chopped veggies. Add all remaining ingredients, cook on high for 1 hour and then on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is done. Remove bay leaf before serving.
I feel good about this meal, because everything I used was local, which is part of the reason it was probably so good. Just not good for warm weather..chow

No comments: