Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tues Cheese Making day!

Well since my friend who is holding milk in her freezer for cheese making, maybe moving soon. I am now making cheese alone, but hey I get to keep most of the cheese I make for moi! Since there are a few quarts of Goat's milk, and since said friend has now been determined unable to drink cows milk, the first batch is going to be Feta cheese. here is the link I am using:
http://www.grannymillerblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/making-yogurt-cheese-feta-cheese.html
I started it about a half an hour ago, and will post all the pics when its done. Tonight I start on the 3 1/2 gallons of milk, and my attempt to make a hard cheese, wish me luck! Even if I screw it up, it will prob be an edible soft cheese. And besides that the milk was free. Since today is going to be a bit labor intensive I popped dinner into the crockpot.
I call it German hotpot.
1 lb local ground pork
1 lb local smocked sausages cut into rounds
1 head of local red and green cabbage each
1 onion diced
2 cloves minced garlic
lotsa salt and pepper
1 can sauerkraut
1/2 stick butter minced up to diperse
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 shredded carrots
Dump all ingredients into crockpot mix and cook on low 6-8 hours and stir once in awhile. Serve over hot mashed potatoes.
Its very pretty it looks like this:
Photobucket

No comments: