Monday, July 14, 2008

I actually sewed this weekend

Yup, it really does still happen! I bought these cute tye-dyed pants for Zach at the League, and since they were way too long I had to hem them. He is super in love with and promptly gat the butt on the pants filthy so they are in the wash again!
here are the pants:
Photobucket
Cute huh?
I also wanted to post my other machine..yes I have two now. When we were moving one of the other neighbors was moving too. They threw this machine away! The bobbin case included..I just bought one recently so I know they cost at least $15. No plug, but since I already have a brother machine, my plug fits, and this machine seems to work alright, based on a quick use. I need to play with it some more, but it appears to be pretty nice.
Photobucket
My work space..losts of light:
Photobucket
And finally dinner, I know its only 10 AM but since its going to be hot I am baking it now.
Clay Pot chicken, I am using my clay pot cooker.
Items needed:
One whole chicken(I am using a Smart Chicken)
1 medium onion diced
2 cloves of garlic diced
fresh rosemary 1 tablespoon minced stems removed
dried parsley
1 lemon half sliced, the rest diced. Peel included.
2 tablespoons butter
olive oil
paprika
salt and pepper

Soak the clay cooker for at least 10 minutes in warm water.
Rinse and pat dry chicken. Mix 1 tablespoon diced butter with onion, garlic, parsley, rosemary and diced lemon. Salt and pepper outside of chicken, then the cavity. Place the lemon sliced in the bottom of clay cooker, and remaining butter.
Place chicken on top. Fill the chicken cavity with mixture. Sprinkle olive oil over top of chicken. Then sprinkle with paprika. Place lid on cooker. Do not preheat over. Place cooker in oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours -2 hours at 450 degrees or until done, removing lid the last 10 minutes of cooking to brown the top.
Mixture:
Photobucket
Chicken ready to go into oven:
Photobucket
I will serve this with quinoa and some squash from the garden. There will be leftovers, and we can have chicken salad for dinner tommorow night, provided we don't eat the leftovers at lunch. :) Chow Evie

No comments: