Thursday, February 26, 2009

Zach

My son embraces the mud and the rain naturally, he takes no mind that his clothes will be wet and soiled and that I am the one that will have to clean them. He gathers his ingredients to build a thing he has already planned out in his mind's eye. His often comical and and says funny and witty things I had not thought of.
He has an expansive knowledge of many things mechanical, he has a grasp of things at five I will never learn in a lifetime. He is intense, and has a dark side to which he goes to when he is angry or sad. He is independent and verbal. He is unlike anyone I know.
I do not want to dampen his spirit, but he is a poor listner, and a disobedient child. He is whiny and demanding. He is trying me as much as he can and I love him with all my heart. Someday I want to look back and smile remembering what a handful he was, but today he makes me cry.

2 comments:

Diane said...

They can be a handful at that age, can't they? My boys are 17 and 24 now, but I remember when they were Zach's age. Whew! Just remember, this too shall pass. And, it'll pass quicker than you think.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Sister! The precocious ones always seem to test the virtues of motherhood. I have four girls, ages 2,8,10 & 16. There are days I have hidden in the closet just to regroup. Sometimes they whine in stereo. Your little guy, he's just flexing his personal space.