Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yummy Pierogies

Okay so yesterday I made pierogies. While they are a bit thicker than the commercial made ones, they turned out really tasty. I made 3 kinds:
Potato and onion which contains: potato, grilled onions, and shredded cheddar cheese
Potato and bacon which contains: potato, grilled onions, cheddar and bacon
Veggie which contains: A blend of steamed broc, roasted red pepper, grilled onions, potato and cheddar. YUM!
I made a total of 6 1/2 dozen, Zach had three for dinner,since he was very anxious to try them. He had the bacon ones and really liked them. I had a bite of his, and they are very tasty.
Photobucket
Here is a link to the pierogi dough that I made:
http://www.sokolowskis.com/recipes/pierogi.html

Also we have some lovely Columbine growing in our yard. I had no idea what it was until I asked our friend who is a horticulture guy. I took this pretty pic of it.
Photobucket

I have school participation today, and since this is the last week of preschool for many kids, the other parent and I are hosting a make your own sundae bar. The kids are going to love it!
I also have to make snacks for graduation on Friday nite. I am going to attempt to make a watermelon basket minus the handle since the watermelon I have is not quite tall enough for a handle. I will be sure and take a pic of it. I watched this tutorial for some help:
http://video.about.com/homecooking/Watermelon-Basket.--3T.htm
Wish me luck!.
Sunday should be our cheese making party with our friends and I will def. let you kow what happened! TATA mama Evie

No comments: