Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend

We had a pretty low key weekend. The exception was that my husband dear Gene invited friends over. His friends, from way back when. While they are nice people they are not my first choice for dinner companions. I was asked to cook a nice meal. So I did: BBQ crockpot chicken, coleslaw, corn on the cob, baked beans, mac and cheese.
Gene's friends called and left a message for us to call them. We called at 4pm to make sure thay were coming over at 5pm. I spoke in lenght to an unattended child about what he was doing and watching on TV for 10 minutes before a parent awoke and talked to me. The guy said my lady is sleeping and we will come over when she wakes. At 6:30 they finally called us. The arrived at 6:45, and ate. They we nice, but every other word was an F-bomb. Even though they are parents!!! They excused us to go outside to smoke, baby in tow. They said about an hour and left...chew and screw I guess. They kinda suck.

1 comment:

grace said...

wow - they really suck. i love it when crappy people make more people.