Monday, January 14, 2008

Change in Menu

Okay so yesterday DH, asked me what was for dinner, I told him, beef and rice. He asked me if I had anything else I could make, as he was in the mood for indian food. I had already defrosted the beef so here is the recipe for what I came up with:

Indian style beef:
1lb beef diced small ( I used two chuck tender steaks)
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1 can 15oz diced toms
1 can roasted garlic tom. paste
1 diced green pepper
1 tablespoon garam marsala
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions: Heat olive oil in frying pan, add diced beef and brown on all sides. Meanwhile place all other ingredients into large cooking pot. Add browned beef and one can of water using the can from the diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then put on low. Simmer on low for 3 hours with a lid on the pan, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot cooked rice. Made around 5 servings.

No comments: