Wednesday, March 11, 2009

French Toast

I woke up this morning with a mission. Make french toast.(mainly beacuse I bought a loaf of texas toast bread for .30) I love it, and rarely make it. The outcome was delish and freezeable too!

French toast:
Loaf of texas toast bread(it's really thick)using 6 pieces of bread
3 eggs well beaten
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients in bowl. Grease and heat non-stick skillet. Cook on medium high heat for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown...being careful not to burn. Serve hot with syrup or powdered sugar.

I made a double batch of these. We ate 6 and the remaining 6 I used the pizza cutter to cut into strips. Placed on a cookie sheet and froze, then placed in a bag after frozen. These are great for a quick breakfast..and cheaper and healthier than the preservative filled store bought french toast sticks.
I hope your Wednesday starts as sweet as mine has.

No comments: