Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Long weekend Illness...

I went for a visit to my mom's house this weekend. I swear every time I go there I get sick...By Sunday morning I was puking my guts out...yay me! I am now well with the exception of a nervous feeling stomach. This round was doozy. Sorry I did not get the menu in on time. Just FYI I did make my family a nice meal yesterday: Steak, Scallops, fresh asparagus, and twice baked potatoes. It was devoured and enjoyed by all, sometime I will share the recipes, but for now I will just resume with the rest of this week's menu. Love and tater tots Evie

Tuesday:
Crock pot pork ribs
coleslaw
baked beans
french bread

Ribs: I had the luxury of finding pork ribs for .99lb so I bought a slab..

1 slab of pork ribs
1 whole onion cut into rings
garlic powder
1 bottle BBQ sauce


Cut ribs into sections of 2-3 ribs each. Heat broiler to LOW. Place ribs on baking sheet. Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder. Broil until browned on each side. I usually have to do this in a few batches. Place onions and a little BBQ sauce into bottom of crock pot. Place browned ribs on top of onions. Lightly covering with sauce on each layer. Cook on high for 1 hour and low 6-8 hours. Serve with beans and coleslaw and good french bread.

Wednesday:
Ham and Noodle Casserole

6 cups water
4 cups uncooked egg noodles
1/2 large onion chopped
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups diced cooked ham
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Boil water and cook noodles, add broccoli to noodles and cook at the same time. Saute onion in a little oil until softened. Mix all ingredients, reserving about 1/3 of cheese for the top. Bake about 40 minutes or until bubbly.

Thursday:
Breakfast for dinner!
Eggs
Bacon
cantaloupe


Friday:
Homemade pizza
veggies

Have a great rest of the week folks..thanks for tuning in!

No comments: