Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Make your own on Wednesday.

I was brainstorming things I could blog about and came up with this idea. Many of my girlfriends marvel at how I make my own convenience foods. So hopefully if I can keep it up I will post a new homemade convinence food each week. Here is this week's.

Frozen french Toast sticks:
The ones at the store are cheap and tasty but have you looked at what's in them?? Holy S&!T, there are a lotta unpronounceable in there.
Here is what I do:

6 eggs slightly beaten
1 tsp salt
4 tablespoons sugar
2 cups milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
12+ slices of day old bread, homemade is just fine too

Mix all ingredients except bread. Cut bread into 3-4 strips each. Dip each piece into bread, turning once. Not too long, it will get too mushy! Cook on medium heat, in a well oiled non stick pan. Brown on each side. Lay out all cooked strips onto a non-stick cookie sheet and freeze. Place into a Zip lock baggie after frozen. I serve 3-4 strips to each kid with their own vessel of syrup for dipping. A baggie of these lasts about a month in my house but freezes for up to 3 months. Enjoy!

No comments: