Monday, November 17, 2008

Coffee

I was finding much joy tonight..with my coffee. Let me explain further. I bought four pounds of Organic Free Trade whole bean coffee. (the most we have ever had)
I used my little coffee grinder to well...grind it up. I really enjoyed using my hands to scoop up the beans. The smell and feel of them was a nice sensory experience. The almost oily touch, and shiny beans. I was trying to think abut what it took to get them to me. How can it be better, even if they are fair trade, and organic. What about the fossil fuels it took for me to get them? How about the living conditions of the workers? What does organic mean in the country that they came from? I guess I will just be happy being the lucky American to have my shiny fancy beans to play with.

No comments: