Thursday, February 4, 2010

Layer Bars healthified

When my grandma was moved from her apartment to the nursing home, I inherited many assorted baking ingredients. My cabinet is still packed with things like graham cracker crusts, cans of sweetened condensed milk, boxes of brownie and cake mixes and sprinkles galore. These will be expiring soon so I thought I would make my guys some treats. I thought of my favorite treat as a kiddo: those 7 layer or Magic bars, here is my take on them.

Better Magic bars:
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 can sweetened condensed milk
graham cracker crust

In the crust layer in order of ingredient list. Pouring the can of milk in an even layer last. Bake in preheated 350 oven for about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before serving. YUMMY

No comments: